Monday, January 24, 2011

2nd Birthday Party Preparation

My twins 2nd birthday party will be in March, and the preparation is taking over my craft space. It will be a pirate/princess theme. I have decided to only make a few homeade items this year, because I went a little overboard last year. I was so exhausted after it all, that I didn't sew or scrapbook for a month. I decided to make their outfits and birthday banner, then purchase the rest from a party supply store. I thought I would share a couple of things that I have finised.

I stated by cutting 3" triangles, and used my pinking shears to make the zig zag look on the edges.



I used my Cuttin up Cricut cartridge to make my letters, and my Story Book Cartridge to make the crown. I had to google image a jolly roger, but I like the one I found.


For my sons shirt I found a larger google image of a jolly roger, printed, and cut it out. I cut it out in white felt, and sewed around it. I liked the rugged look of it. He will be a cute pirate.

I will be back this week to show the dress I will make for my daughter, and maybe a few other things I've been working on.

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend Birthday Party Checklist to anyone seeking new, fun and creative birthday ideas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails