Thursday, August 19, 2010

Homemade Peach Cobbler {YUM!}


It is a little unusual for me to post food on my blog, but I was so proud how my cobbler turned out. I had to share. It was my first attempt at a cobbler from scratch. This may not be hard for some people, but I am no cook. I think my husband was a little surprised by my attempt. He said he didn't want any because he doesn't like peaches, but I think he thought it would be awful. It was actually delicious, if I say so myself. I wish I could say that it was a family recipe passed down from generations, but it was right out of a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. You can also go the their website here to find more great recipes. Since this recipe turned out I may try more. I may just do like the movie Julie and Julia, and cook my way through the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook instead of the Julia Child's. Maybe I will even get my husband to try something. Come to think of it, during our eight years of marriage I have never heard him say he doesn't like peaches. Suspicious!

Recipe:

Peaches
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
3 tbsp. butter
1 beaten egg
3 tbsp. milk



Filling Preparation:

In a saucepan combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cornstarch. Add 1/4 cup water. Stir in 4 cups peaches (about 4 peaches). Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.

Topping:

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and optional cinnamon. Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and milk. Transfer filling to an 8x8 baking dish. Drop filling into five mounds atop hot filling. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails