Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fabric Flower and Ribbon Headband


I have lived in the south since I was three, and I can't really imagine living anywhere else. The one thing I have never gotten used to is the humidity that comes with the Summer months. I find myself wearing my hair in a pony tail most of the time because I can't get it to anything else. Were is the fun in that?

The fabric flowers are very easy to make and adds a little flair to your headband.

Supplies:
Wide Ribbon or Elastic Headband
Scrap Fabric
Needle and Thread
Rotary Cutter or Scissors



I Chose two coordinating scrap fabrics. For the bottom flower I cut a strip 17" long and 3" wide. For the top flower I cut a strip 12" long and 3" wide.




I twisted each strip of fabric and formed it into a circle. As you are forming your circle you will use your needle and thread to sew portions of it together.





You will end up with two circles of fabric. I stacked them and sewed them together onto my piece of ribbon.



Now you have added a little flair to that boring pony tail.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I like that! I may have to try this. I never have time to fix my hair, so it is forever in a ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration =) Dido on the ponytail thing, it's the default of my hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've been looking for new headband ideas!

    I'm a new follower. I didn't find you on a blog hop or anything. Just saw a comment you made on another blog and clicked your name :) Gotta love random findings of great blogs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails