Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birthday mini album

My kids first birthday was back in March. Coming up with a theme was not to hard. I really love owls, and I thought that would be a good gender neutral theme. I bought the Story Book cricut cartridge and went to work. Needless to say when the party was finished I was exhausted, and took a little break from scrapbooking. I was really inspired by Ali Edwards website. I have always done 12x12 layouts. I have never really tried doing mini albums the way she had. I found it to be a lot easier when working with a lot of pictures.





I started with a album that opened and closed like a school binder. It was a reasonable purchase from Target for $7.99. It came with the plastic inserts that held 200 pictures. I put my pictures in categories. At the beginning of each category I made a little 4x6 card with journaling about the pictures that followed.




I tried to incorporate some of the smaller things I used for decorations, like the birthday wishes. This was the fun part about the album being like a binder. I embellished an envelope to hold the wishes and added it in the album.




I was also able to add some of the confetti from the decorations.





My favorite embellished card was the one with their candles and a cupcake wrapper that I added a little glitter to. I also stapled ribbon at the beginning of each category for easier access.



I ended the album with the birthday cards they received. I am really happy that I did the mini album. I'm not sure I could have decided what pictures to scrapbook. I hope everyone was inspired by mini album and tries one for themselves.


2 comments:

  1. I adore this idea!! SO cute and totally something I would enjoy doing... Eden turns 1 in 7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of scrapbooking. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails