Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Canvas Addiction!

I have found a new love in canvas projects. If you look around the blog world you will find many different ones. I saw this on one of my favorite blogs, Ruffles and Stuff. She has great ideas including this silhouette project. I did make a few changes for my project.

Supplies:
Canvas (I used an 8X10)
Painters tape
Foam paint brush
paint (I used Liquitex Basics acrylic paint $4.99 @ Michael's. You can also use a 40% off coupon.)
profile photo



When I found a profile picture that worked for this project, I cropped it and changed the size to an 8x10 in Photo Shop. You can also change the size in Picasa if that is what you have. I printed it from my computer on card stock in gray scale. I then carefully cut out the profile.



I used painters tape to tape the silhouette on the canvas, and carefully painted inside it. I loved how they turned out, and I think they will make a great addition to their playroom.



If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them. If you are happy with how your canvas project turned out, send a picture my way. I would love to see everyones finished projects, and if you didn't mind I could feature them on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails